Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Girlie Post (sorry Jon)

Last weekend I traveled to the D.C. area to host a baby shower for my friend Anna. Anna and I met when we both worked for the EPA waaay back in 2000. We've stayed close, and I was thrilled to be able to throw her this great party with another friend from the area. She will be having a baby boy in either October or November (he's acting like he wants to make an early appearance). Some of my friends and family asked to see pictures from the party since it's all I talked about for a month, so here are a few.


Homemade pecan favor bags.


Close-up of the favor tags I made.


Baby's ultrasound photo - he's already adorable.


The centerpiece was a cake made out of newborn diapers. For anyone who is concerned, we had a real dessert. We didn't eat this one.

Paper lanterns on the ceiling.


Any more streamers and it would have been a bad prom.


A blurry picture of the plates and napkins. When I plan your party, you get stripes and paisleys.


Finally, me and momma-to-be.

1 comment:

Chris & Ann said...

You did a great job! Did you make the diaper cake yourselves or order it from somewhere?

~Ann