Thursday, February 07, 2013

Piper's Yellow and Turquoise Nursery

In all the craziness with Piper arriving early, I never posted any pictures of her finished nursery.  I got so much inspiration from others on Pinterest that I wanted to be able to contribute there for others.  Here are a couple pics taken when my mom was in town last month.  I will come back and add more when I have some time (so a year or so from now).


Crib: Munire Urban Collection
Fabric for window seat cover (made by a friend) and valance/pillow (made by mom): Premier Prints Twill Suzani Corn Yellow
Picture wall collage: center print from Etsy seller happydeliveries, upper right print from here (free printable), lower left print from here (free printable), upper left and lower right are just a framed piece of fabric with scrapbooking stickers on the glass (insipred by this).
Quilt: Grandma Dee
Wall color: No clue. Jon brought a Tiffany box to Home Depot and asked them to match it.


Hutch/changing dresser: Munire Urban Collection
Yellow baskets: Michael's
Yellow metal bin: Hobby Lobby (party supply section)
Changing pad cover: Babies R Us (bought in desperation when we realized she was about to be released from the NICU). I also have this one from Etsy seller LittleOwlsNest and I love it. Both are super soft and well made.
Bird house: $6 find in the garden section at Tuesday Morning
The glass bowl is filled with pacifiers. I got that idea here.
The wall hanging on the left is from Etsy seller MaisieMooNZ. I ordered the night before I was induced.  Call it retail therapy when I realized I was about to have a teeny tiny 33.5-week-old baby girl the next day. Here's a better picture of it:



I first fell in love with this lamp, but $395 for a lamp was out of the question (and silly if you ask me).  A little Googling lead me to this one from Bedroom Expressions.  I called the local store and had it shipped there.  The first two arrived in pieces, but the third time's a charm. In other words, if you order a lamp from them, make sure they open the box and check it before you drive yourself down there and waste your time.  I girly'd it up with some yellow ribbon and hot glue.

There are a few other touches I'd like to document in there, but I'll have to come back and post those.

**Update**

Relatively recent additions to the collage wall:


No comments: