I still can't find the camera battery charger. I either left it in Colorado or lost it around the house somewhere. I hate leaving the blog bare for so long, so I put together my first ever "10 on Tuesday." This was hard. I can't believe some of my blogging friends do this every week.
1. On Saturday morning, we participated in what may have been the Guinness record for the most people frosting a cupcake at once at Cupcake Smackdown 2.0. We needed 1,000 and it didn't seem like that many were there, but the line was pretty long so maybe we made it.
2. While attempting to pay for groceries this past weekend, I discovered my debit card was cutoff due to suspicious activity on the card. It turns out my card number was stolen and some people charged about $400 in Georgia. With the help of Jon's detective work and salesman's persistence, he was finally able to convince the local law enforcement agencies to go to the stores and get the surveillance tapes of the criminals. Hopefully they will be caught, since it sounds like they had other people's numbers as well.
3. Amery's 2nd birthday is coming up, and I decided to go with an airplane theme (see two posts ago). Whenever we talk to him about his birthday party (or anyone's birthday party, or Tommy whose birthday party we went to a month ago) he says "mmmmm, cake, mmmm" over and over.
4. I finished making these DIY napkin rings and wrapping the plasticware for the party:
Here's the template for the napkin rings. I pasted it into Word and added the clip art and text myself.
5. My next DIY project is to make bag toppers, like these, but airplane themed of course.
6. It's really hard not to keep talking about airplanes and birthdays in this list, but I shall refrain.
7. Two new phrases that we hear a lot from the baby boy lately: "Go Dude!" learned from mama yelling at stupid drivers in the car, and "Aw man!" said when he accidentally or un-accidentally knocks over a stack of toys.
8. I lied, there is a third phrase we hear a lot. He loves to sing, "We will, we will rock you!" As loud as possible with an overhead fist pump. He gets annoyed if you sing along without the fist pump. I really really need to get this on video.
9. Jon, Amery, and I are all invited to a birthday party for our friend Danny on Saturday. We are all supposed to have a mustache, either real or fake, to attend. Should be interesting getting an almost 2-year-old to keep a fake mustache on for longer than 10 seconds.
10. Here are some silly pictures (from my cellphone camera) of how we entertain ourselves.
We sit in boxes meant for books (don't freak, Jon was ducking down behind him).
We like to be carried around in the boxes too.
We cool off in the yard.
Let's hear it for the clearance rack at Walgreens. Who knew $4.99 could buy so much fun.