Friday, May 02, 2008

Why today is fabulous

Seriously, I've had a great day so far today. Good enough to put it all in a blog post. I suppose to a lot of people it's little things, but when a bunch of nice little things happen in one day it's cool.

So far today:

*I got my hair cut and colored. This wouldn't be a big deal except that I hadn't been in there for about 3 months. Three months worth of hair growth on super-strength prenatal vitamins makes for some pretty severe roots. I feel so much better about myself when my hair looks good.

*While I was getting my hair cut, I got a call from my OB's office with the results of our Quad Screen test. I just had the blood drawn on Wednesday and was told I wouldn't hear the results for at least a week. Everything checked out fine so we are thrilled. This tests screens for Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18, and Spina Bifida, and it has a relatively high rate of false positives. To hear back already that our little peanut is healthy is awesome.

*I dropped off a bag of clothing that no longer fit me along with a gift card for a girl I know of through the Nest today. Her house was struck by lightning last weekend and is a total loss. Luckily she, her husband, their baby, and their pets were able to get out. They lost all of their possessions and it felt really good to give her some nice clothes that haven't fit me for about a year now and were just gathering dust. I wish I could have given them more.

*Our good friend Chris saved the day and took a huge weight off our shoulders. The kitchen sink at our condo in Denver was leaking and our tenants were understandably sick and tired of dumping out pitchers of water each day. A plumber was going to charge us $120/hr just to show up. That doesn't include parts or anything else. One $40 faucet and an hour and a half later, Chris was calling me to tell me it was fixed.

*I checked out two consignment shops I hadn't been to before (Between Friends and Pumpkin Patch) and got three new outfits for under $50. Almost all of the maternity clothing I have purchased are used/consignment. Why should I pay $50 for one shirt I can wear for 6 more months when I can get it for $8 hardly worn? Somehow I feel like it's less wasteful too.

*Across the street from Between Friends is this place called Wally's Burger. By now it was 2:00 and I'd barely had anything substantial to eat so I was about ready to eat my own hand. Seriously, this was one of the best fast food burgers and fries I've had in a long time. For those of you familiar with Mighty Fine, it was just about as good and almost as messy.

*Which leads me to my last item - my new t-shirt. It made a lot of people smile today and who doesn't like to make people smile?

T-shirt by 2chix.com


The day's not over yet, and I'm looking forward to a fun night with Jon. He's had a long week of training at his new job and I think he's more than ready for the weekend to start. The plan is to see a movie, so I'm off to Fandago to see what's playing.

No comments: