Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Email From Our Friend Chris

Friends/Colleagues/Family -

Most of you probably know by now that I got in a terrible accident on Wednesday AM on the way to work. I am in a good amount of pain right now, but it pales in comparison to what could have happened to me.

I wanted to send you all these pictures to give you a visual example of what can happen when you take your eyes off the road for 2 seconds. In my case I was sending an email out. I'll warn you - my car is a twisted hunk of metal so if that may bother you than don't open these. I am extremely lucky to be walking and talking right now.

Please let my mistake be a lesson for everyone. Every time you get in your car I beg of you to please:

1 - put on your seatbelt - even if you are just running to the store around the corner
2 - there is no email or text message that cannot wait until you are not driving. Nothing is that important.

Feel free to send this to your wives, husbands, friends, anyone - to show them the end result of not paying 100% attention to the road when you are driving.

You all know that I'm always joking around, but I cannot be more serious about this. I would hate to lose any of you to a situation like this that can easily be avoided.

Buckle Up Please - it saved my life.

Take care

Chris


No comments: